As part of the 13th International Photography Festival Photometria 2021, Verge Collective curated the exhibition entitled” Memory Imprints. Evidence of social and cultural history of Ioannina “for the 200 years of history of the city of Ioannina . The exhibition was hosted at the Municipal Gallery of Ioannina.
Of course, nothing would have been possible without the unwavering support of institutions and the valuable contribution of individuals who have honored us with their deep trust. We would like to thank those who entrusted us with valuable and original archival material, kindly granting us permission to use it in the context of this exhibition.
More specifically we thank:
• The Brotherhood of Pontians and Asia Minor population of Epirus and Sofia Sipsidou, for the mobilization and sensitivity they showed from our very first meeting,
• Τhe Independent Office of Communication and Public Relations of the Municipality of Ioannina and Anna Dogoriti for the practical support and guidance she provided,
• Τhe Library of the Greek Parliament, for access to the Newspapers archive of Epirus,
• Τhe Department of International & Public Relations of the University of Ioannina and Klio Fatourou and Penelope Geka for the flawless cooperation,
• KAPON publications and Rafael Moissis as well as Alexandros Moissis for their immediate response
• Kedros publications and Asterios Topis as well as Melissa publications and Dimitra Rogoti
• Photographic Archives of the Greek Literary and Historical Archive of the National Bank Educational Foundation (ELIA / MIET) and in particular Vasiliki Hadjigeorgiou for her professionalism and conscientiousness
• Τhe Ephorate of Antiquities of Ioannina and Chara Kappa
• Northern Epirus Research Foundation (IBE)
• “Joseph and Esther Ghani” Foundation ”, Napoleon Margaris and Athanasios Zigouris as well as Labrini Themeli for their broader participation
• Creative Photography Club “Fotorasi”
•The Cultural and Educational Association “To Anthos” – of the Holy Monastery of Panagia Dourachani, for the generous disposal of archival material,
• Τhe Historical Archive of the Municipality of Ioannina and Maria Pappa for the guidance she provided
• The Library of the Society for Epirus Studies and especially Konstantinos Billis for his willingness to help us whenever needed
• Mekeio Boarding School and Natalia Maroufov and Penelopi Dimou
• the Department of Photographic Archives of the Benaki Museum and Aliki Tsirgialou for the access to a great archival material
• The photographers Angelos Sakkas, Charilaos Binolis, Christodoulos Eftychiadis, Leonidas Bakolas and Spyros Staveris
• Furthermore the dedicated collectors Anastasios Papastavros, Filippos Giovannis and Vassilios Holevas for the time they shared with us and their passion. In addition, we want to thank all those who trusted us with photos and items from their family archives. More specifically, we thank Angeliki Kapsali – Vertodoulou, Christina Krabokouki, Christos Gartzonikas, Konstantinos Foukis, Lambros Raptis, Margarita Feidis, Michael Betis, the Pappas family, Soula Rapti and Stavros Kouros.
Special thanks are due to Charalambos Kotsias, Filippos Filios, Georgia Gioti, Giannis Papadakis, Konstantinos Vlachos, Kostis Mouselimis, Nikos Thetakis, Sakis Dallas, Theodoros Kouros, Vasiliki Rokou, Vassilis Nitsiakos and Vicky Poriki.
Finally, we would like to thank the volunteers of the festival -especially Christina Todorova-, the staff of the Municipal Gallery of Ioannina -especially Menelaos Papadopoulos- Konstantinos Kordas, Aphrodite Mitsi and Katerina Tatsi.